SPRING CLEANING Save 50% on Moeller Method Secrets
Having great hand technique will help
you improve your speed, power, and
control - and help you reduce the risk
Enjoy practice sessions and inspiring
performances that will show you how
various hand techniques can be used
within musical drumming.
Start your first drum lesson today,
with 24/7 online access to the lessons,
Moeller Method Secrets is backed by
our extended 90-day guarantee, so you
can try it risk-free for three full months!
We love playing the drums and want to keep playing for years to come. Having great hand technique helps improve speed, power, and control - all while reducing the risk of injury that can result from poor technique.
- Comprehensive training on traditional grip, matched grip, and all the key variations
(German, American, and French grips).
- Covers finger control technique, the motions, the tap stroke, the full stroke,
the half stroke, the down stroke, and the up stroke.
- Seven powerful exercises that combine all strokes and motions.
- A complete breakdown of the moeller method (low, half, and full).
- Inspirational solos and practical applications for the techniques.
- Three professional jam tracks and five complete band tracks.
Video: 2.5 hours of video.
Online: Lifetime access to all content.
Skill: From beginner to advanced.
The Moeller Method Secrets training pack includes everything you need to get the maximum results for hand speed, power, control, endurance, and dynamics. The first module covers the powerful techniques in extreme detail, while the second module shows you how the techniques can be used within musical drumming.
- Mike's early experiences with poor technique, and how he was able to overcome them to advance his drumming abilities.
- An introduction to correct stick grip, and an overview of how stick grip can make a big difference in how you play the drums.
- The unique "gun system" for discovering correct hand position for holding the drumstick. This creative approach is extremely easy to follow along with. Every part of the grip is explained in detail.
- How to find the balance point of your drumsticks to allow them to get the most natural rebound (vital for virtually all techniques associated with speed drumming).
- Tips and suggestions for removing tension from your hands and wrists (which helps reduce the risk of serious injury, and extends drumming endurance).
- A breakdown of matched grip, and how both hands are mirrored for this style of playing (the most commonly used grip today).
- An in-depth look at traditional grip, including close-up shots and detailed explanations of exactly how to play this technique (and an overview of the pros and cons of using it).
- How to perform the German or Germanic grip with the correct hand positioning, and "relaxed feel" (includes video of the grip being used in a short mini-solo).
- How to perform the American grip, and how it relates to the German grip previously covered. This section includes special multi-angle viewing to show the exact differences of this grip in detail (also includes video of the grip being used in a mini-solo).
- How to perform the French grip, and how it relates to the German and American grips (includes a mini-solo with the grip being used).
- A unique exercise that combines the three grip types (German, American, and French) in one complete stick grip warm-up.
- An in-depth look at the free stroke with detailed explanation of how it makes full use of the natural rebound of the drumstick (includes slow motion video). The lesson also features a special exercise to assist in fully understanding the principles behind the free stroke.
- A detailed break-down of the Finger Control Technique, what grip works best, and exactly how to perform it for maximum speed (includes two excellent exercises for developing the method while you watch TV or relax on the couch). Also covers tips for conserving energy, and improving overall control. This method is an absolute must for speed drumming!
- Applications for using the Finger Control Technique around the drum set (excellent for coming up with unique drum beat and fill ideas).Great for speed drumming and faster solos.
- Mike's blazing fast "Flurry Fills" based on Finger Control
- An explanation of "the motions", and how they will benefit you.
- A complete look at the tap stroke motion, and how it can improve your speed, dynamic drumming, and more. This section also includes important practice tips, and simple exercises.
- An in-depth look at the full stroke motion, and tips on what to focus on when first developing it. Includes examples of common mistakes many drummers make).
- Complete training for the medium full stroke (aka half stroke) with simple examples and exercises.
- A detailed breakdown of the down-stroke, and an explanation of how it ties in with other strokes to create dynamics (including exercises that tie in with the tap stroke).
- Finally, an in-depth look at the up-stroke to round out the section and provide you with a complete set of motions for continuous dynamic drumming. This is one of most important motions, and can be used with the down-stroke in a wide variety of ways (including the moeller method).
- Seven powerful exercises that combine all the strokes/motions inunique accented patterns to assist you in developing each motion correctly (including additional related exercises, and tips to save valuable practice time).
- Ten beats that utilize the motions and demonstrate how they completely change the dynamic feel of a groove. These examples are excellent for drummers interested in applying the motions in their everyday drumming right away.
- Ten unique drum fills with the motions being applied in both simple and complex forms to help you with creative fills.
- An introduction to the Moeller Method (aka Moeller Technique), where it came from, and an overview of Mike's experiences while learning it. This section is incredibly revealing, and breaks through many of the misconceptions drummers have of this method.
- A complete breakdown of the low Moeller. This includes multi-angle shots, slow motion footage, and very detailed explanations.
- A detailed explanation of the half Moeller, some important exercises to ensure it is developed correctly, and warnings about common mistakes seen in drummers first learning this method. Also included are multi-angle shots, and a slow-motion demonstration.
- Finally, the king of the power strokes, the full Moeller! This section includes advanced tips rarely taught, multi-angle shots, and once again - slow motion footage breaking everything down.
- A powerful exercise for incorporating the three Moeller types. This is a great way to begin applying them on your kit right away.
- A full-length drum solo titled "Solo for Sanford" in which Mike Michalkow pays tribute to Sanford Augustus Moeller.
- Advanced applications based around the single paradiddle, including a breakdown of this important drum rudiment, and how it can be played with the motions and the moeller method for truly amazing speed (an exciting section for speed drumming enthusiasts).
- A full-length drum solo titled "Paradiddle Madness" which is played entirely with this valuable drum rudiment. An excellent example of the speed, power, control, and endurance that can be achieved.
- Bonus slow-motion video loops that are perfect for practice sessions in front of the TV. You can watch and imitate the material along with Mike for complete method mastery!
- Seven unique full-length Drum Solos performed by Mike Michalkow on his massive Yamaha drum set. An excellent source of ideas and inspiration for drummers of all skill levels.
- Three professional Jam Tracks that Mike Michalkow performs along with (two used with permission from Yamaha, and the last with permission from Chuck Silverman).
- Five complete Band Tracks performed by superstar musicians Mike Michalkow (drums), Cameron Peace (guitar), and Damian Erskine (bass). These tracks are both entertaining and educational!
- Five Drum Gear Demos showing off some of Mike's favorite drum gear with detailed descriptions of the kits, cymbals, sticks, practice pedals, and tuning accessories that he prefers.
- DVD Extras - Including digital copies of all the sheet music exercises covered in the entire training pack, slow motion video examples of drum techniques, and a free eBook!